Mother-and-daughter real estate pros Donna and Shannon Freeman of Designed to Sell and Secrets That Sell explain why some home sellers miss the mark when staging their homes.
2. Respond to lowball offers with a counter — instead, respond with an invitation to re-submit.
3. Refer to a leaky foundation as a central humidifier.
4. Make your house smell like a cherry orchard or a department store perfume counter.
5. Air your dirty laundry. This includes leaving bills and private papers out, or, of course, actual dirty laundry.
6. Take your prospects on A Complete History of The Kopecki Repairs & Renovations Tour.
7. "Clean up" by stuffing all the closets.
8. Leave unfinished DIY jobs for the buyers' honey-do list.
9. Defer yard work. Your house only gets one chance to make a first impression. Overgrown shrubs and broken gutters are the real estate equivalent of dandruff.
10. Think licks from Rex the Bulldog will help generate more offers.