Multifunctional LoftA color palette of bright green, brown and cream is perfect for a warm, comfortable hangout. To add a natural touch, Myles creates a living wall with bamboo planters that separate the seating area from the home office.
Organized WorkspaceTo maximize the office area, Myles takes the storage vertical by installing shelving for all the office supplies and files. A small, yet functional desk provides plenty of workspace, while still keeping all the essentials accessible.
Paint & Supplies: $350
Build Project: $675
DIY Window Treatment: $275
- Roman Blind: $8
- Ribbon (one blind): $3.50
- Fusible Tape (one blind): $1.00
DIY ‘Bamboo Forest’ Window Treatment
- 1/2" round molding: $0.57/ft
- Stain: $6.97/qt
How to Make Custom Roman BlindsMaterials and Tools:
ironing board or iron safe surface
1. Lay the blind out flat on ironing board.
2. Place fusible web on the blind along vertical boarder.
3. Place ribbon over the fusible web.
4. With a steam iron, attach the ribbon to the blind by ironing over the ribbon.
Earthy ElementsA cream sectional contrasts with the bright green wall color, while woven ottomans add an earthy element to the space.