See how to build rolling tables to fit over a standard billiard table. They will protect your billiard table and can serve as a buffet at your next party.
Rolling tables are both functional and simple to create. With just a little time and effort, you can construct a set of inexpensive rolling tables that can be moved around to protect your pool table or serve as a buffet at your next party.
Materials and Tools (to build one table):
four 90-degree 3/4" elbows
two 3/4" unions
four 3/4" tees
four 3/4" x 1/2" red couplings
two 5' x 3/4" galvanized steel pipes
six 2' x 3/4" galvanized steel pipes
two 2" x 3/4" galvanized steel pipe nipples
four caster wheels
one 64" x 26" particleboard for the tabletop
six pipe straps
soft rubber jar opener
1. Screw two of the elbows onto the ends of one of the 5' x 3/4" galvanized steel pipes. The elbows should both be facing down. When tightening the pipes, it?s a good idea to twist the pipes using a rubber jar opener for a better grip and to avoid scoring the metal. If necessary, use a pipe wrench.
2. Screw two of the 2' x 3/4" galvanized steel pipes on to the other elbow openings.
3. Screw the 3/4" tees onto the bottom of the 2' x 3/4" galvanized steel pipes.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 to create the opposing leg.
5. Take the 2" x 3/4" galvanized steel pipe nipple and screw it into the tee to create a 90-degree angle.
6. Attach a union onto the end of the 2" x 3/4" nipple.
7. Screw one side of the 2' x 3/4" galvanized steel pipe into the other end of the union.
8. Repeat steps 5 through 7 for the opposing leg.
9. Screw one 3/4" x 1/2" red coupling, large side up, to the base of the tee on each side.
10. Screw the caster wheels onto the small end of the 3/4" x 1/2" red coupling on each side.
11. Check to make sure the table is level and tighten any pipes if necessary.
12. With the particle board top upside down, place the newly constructed legs upside- down onto the particle board so that the 5' x 3/4" galvanized steel pipes are lying on the board. Be sure the pipes sit evenly along the edge of the particleboard.
13. Secure one pipe strap around each edge of the 5' x 3/4" pipes and one in the center on each side. Screw the straps in to the table.
14. Flip the table over. For a more finished look, apply primer and paint to the tabletop.