Home Office MakeoverThree bands of yellow stripes on the walls draw attention upward to the vaulted ceiling.
Yellow walls all in Behr Eggshell:
Darkest: Sweet Chamomile - 360B-4
Middle: Banana Split 350A-3
Lightest: Social Butterfly 360A-1
Trim: Behr High-Gloss Black
How To: Stenciled RugFor a small-space storage solution, pick attractive file cabinets and set them within a console table. Another quick way to add function, if you don't have a closet, is with stylish coat hooks.
Here's how to get the look:
Materials and Tools:
Rug or other material/surface
Spray paint safety equipment: mask, rubber gloves
1. Find your "inspirational shadow." It could be your silhouette, a branch or a large leaf.
2. Set up the poster board so it covers all of your rug or other chosen surface.
3. Once the poster board is in place start tracing your shadow. If your shadow is outside, you will have to work quickly because the shadow will start to move.
4. When you have your shadow traced, cut out the shadow with your craft knife.
5. Place the poster board stencil back on the rug or other surface.
6. With your spray paint safety equipment on, start to paint the stencil area with the spray paint.
7. Allow to dry.
Other projects to try with this technique:
Make your own prints
Stencil a side table
Stencil a doormat
Office Coffee BarDesigner Kim Myles turned a small attached room into a coffee and refreshment bar for clients who visit the office.