Personalize the walls of your kid's room with these unique wall graphics.
4'x8' sheet LDF (light-density fiberboard)
2"x1"x10' pine board
1. Find or draw a graphic that you and your child like and you feel comfortable cutting out with a jigsaw.
2. Have a local print shop blow the graphics up to desired dimensions and print on sticky back vinyl.
3. Carefully lay oversized sticker onto a clean sheet of LDF.
4. Use a jigsaw to cut out the shape. You may want to cover the base of the jigsaw with painter's tape or tissue to protect the vinyl from any scratches.
5. Cut a 6" length of the 1x2 for each shape and two 12" lengths. Using your table saw cut a 45-degree angle on one long edge of each of the 12" lengths.
6. Attach one 12" section to the back of the graphic cut out with the 45-degree angle pointing down. Attach another 12" section to the wall with the 45-degree angle pointing up to act as a cleat. Use the 6" length along the back, bottom of the shape as a spacer to keep your cutout an equal distance from the wall along all edges.
7. Hang the graphic by sliding the 12" section on the back of the graphic into the one attached to the wall.