An idea about updating your headboard from Alice Fakier of HGTV Design Star.
Materials and Tools:
old headboard - Timeline Antiques
paint (gloss ultra white enamel, American Tradition) - Lowe's
blue painter's tape
transfer lettering ("Sleep Perchance to Dream", HC9462) - Walk Talk
black and white bedding (Sea Cliff Collection) - Kate Spade
1. Lay the headboard across two sawhorses. Sand the surface in preparation for the paint. Remove the dust with a tack cloth or damp rags.
2. Paint the headboard and allow to dry completely, and then paint the other side. Let dry.
3. Attach the headboard.
4. Tape the top of the transfer in the desired spot. Trim any extra material from the transfer letters, and then peel off the back of the transfer.
5. Drop the lettering into place.
6. Work from the inside out with a popsicle stick to press the letters firmly into place. Remove the top of the transfer paper.