Baby's First Christmas ScrapbookCreated by Danielle Flanders
Danielle created this beautiful scrapbook page to preserve the memory of her daughter Kati's first Christmas. At the time Kati was only six months old, but according to Danielle she thoroughly enjoyed the day and was particularly interested in the presents.
Materials and Tools:
snowflake patterned scrapbook paper
photo editing software, such as Photoshop
scalloped card stock
permanent black ink pen for journaling
white craft paint
assorted colors ribbon
1. Danielle began by editing Kati's photo on her computer. She removed the color from everything in the photo except for Kati's face, hands and hat. Next, she added the word "joy" and stars in the image's corners.
2. Choose the location and angle of the scalloped paper on the snowflake background. Trim any excess scalloped paper and stitch around scallops with red thread on sewing machine.
3. Attach the photo to the scalloped paper with photo-safe glue. Draw lines under photo with black pen for journaling. Write your memories of baby's first Christmas.
4. Add assorted ribbons to snowflake paper to the left of baby's photo. Don't worry about hiding the ends, these will be covered by the scalloped paper.
5. Attach scalloped paper with baby's photo in your predetermined location, making sure to cover ends of ribbon.
6. Print or handwrite the phrase, "You Bring Us" onto colored paper and cut out each word. Attach to the top of page.
7. To create the chipboard snowflake, first create a snowflake pattern on paper, then trace it onto chipboard, cut out and glue down. Embellish the snowflake with a red button painted with white dots. Finally, add assorted buttons around baby's photo.