In this tribute album for Mom, designer Shelli Gardner (www.stampinup.com) uses soft paper shades and a stamped floral motif to create continuity throughout and to complement the black and white photos selected.
Materials and Tools:
8-1/2" x 11" white vellum cardstock
8-1/2" x 11" plum cardstock
8-1/2" x 11" moss cardstock
8-1/2" x 11" smooth vanilla cardstock
pale plum ink pad
plum ink pad
moss ink pad
muted olive ink pad
stampin' Up! Terrific Tulips stamp set
stampin' Up! Alphabet Antiques Upper and Lower stamp sets
stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set
embossing heat gun
stamp cleaner, clean-up pad
12" x 12" paper trimmer
black memory pen
- First, trim 1/2 inch from one of the long sides and one of the short sides of the white vellum cardstock.
- Next, use olive ink pad to stamp Terrific Tulip stem/leaf several times across the bottom of the vellum cardstock. Allow stems to bleed off bottom of the cardstock.
- Use pale plum ink pad to stamp tulip images just above each stem. Vary the sizes and quantity for most attractive design.
- To add dimension, Gardner uses a double-stamping technique. To do this, first stamp "shadow" leaves over the first leaves and stems using the moss stamp. Stamp shadow leaves in any open spaces next to stems.
- Then, use plum ink pad to stamp a darker, detailed tulip image over the lighter plum tulips.
- After stamping all floral images, use the Alphabet Antiques Upper and Lower stamps to stamp title on the top center of the white vellum card stock.
- Use moss ink pad to stamp the journaling image on the right side, middle of the white cardstock.
- Use the speckle stamp from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set and one of the lighter ink colors to stamp a pale background pattern over the vellum. (For best results, re-ink stamp after stamping three or four times. This will create a speckled background.)
- Set inked designs with heat embossing gun. Tear 1/4 inch off the bottom of the page.
- Next, cut moss cardstock slightly larger than main photo, then tear edges. Use fingers to curl and distress the edges a bit (to give it a vintage, aged look). Mount photo to cardstock and adhere to page.
- Trim 1/4 inch from one long and one short side of the plum cardstock. Mount finished vellum page to the plum cardstock (hide adhesive behind the darker tulips and leaves).
- Tear bottom of plum cardstock, so it extends just beyond the edge of the white vellum cardstock. Then, tear approximately 1 inch from the short side of the vanilla cardstock. Adhere under plum cardstock, trimming any excess.
- Mount the layered page on a sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" moss cardstock and journal on the journaling lines.
Ellison Craft & Design, www.ellison.com
Card Stock, Ink and Rubber Stamps
STAMPIN' UP!, www.stampinup.com