Update the outside of your home with simple landscaping. Try more half-day projects with host Steve Watson from Don't Sweat It!
chipped marble gravel
tree or shrub
garden hose or pressure washer
1. Dig up the old border brick.
2. Wash bricks with hose or pressure washer.
3. Spray paint the outline of new flower bed on the ground. Remove the sod (figure A).
4. Relay brick border more securely and evenly into the ground (figure B).
5. Dig a hole for shrub or tree, as deep as the root ball and twice as wide to allow for the potting soil.
6. Set shrub or tree in ground and surround with potting soil.
7. Lay out landscape fabric cutting out holes for existing plants or flowers (figure C). Spread gravel or mulch as desired.
* Standard messaging rates apply. Contact your mobile provider for more details.