Complete the look of your backyard with a fence. Try more half-day projects with host Steve Watson from Don't Sweat It!
quick-setting concrete mix (one 60 lb. bag per post)
fence panels and posts
inverted marking paint
power auger (rental)
1. Stretch chalk line along property line or desired fence line.
2. Measure the fence panels for the correct spacing and mark the positions for the posts along the chalk line (figure A).
3. Use the power auger (figure B) or shovel to dig holes for fence posts 18 inches deep and 10 inches in diameter.
4. Set the posts (figure C) and attach the fence panels by drilling in the provided screws. If necessary, hammer the screws into the posts.
5. After getting several posts attached to fence panels, make sure the fence is level.
6. Pour quick-set concrete into holes, according to manufacturer's instructions. Let dry.
* Standard messaging rates apply. Contact your mobile provider for more details.