Bittersweet Card HolderPut a block of dry floral foam into the base of a ceramic urn and push several branches of artificial bittersweet (tied together at the base with a rubber band) into it. Fill any gaps with individual branches. Punch holes in your holiday cards and hang them to the branches with ribbon.
Hanukkah Menorah CardMaterials:
1 12"x12" sheet dark blue card stock paper
2 12"x12" sheets medium blue card stock paper
3 12"x12" sheets light blue card stock paper
2 12"x12" sheets white card stock paper
1 12"x12" metallic gold paper
24-gauge white wire
silver tooling foil and embossing tool
blue paint and brush
1. Cut four 5"x10" light blue rectangles, one 5"x12" light blue rectangle, four 5"x10" medium blue rectangles, eight 2"x4" medium blue rectangles and nine 2"x8" white rectangles.
2. Cut nine small white teardrop shapes and nine large gold tear drop shapes.
3. Cut nine 12-inch pieces of white wire. Fold wire pieces in half, leaving a 3/4-inch loop at the bend and twist remaining wire together. Glue smaller white teardrop to larger gold teardrop with wire loop in between to form the candle light.
4. Fold all nine white rectangles in half to make four-inch-long pieces. Put the flame and wire between the open end and glue it in place with 5/8-inch wire showing to make the candle. Repeat this process until all nine candles are complete.
5. Fold all 5"x10" rectangles and the one 5"x12" rectangle in half to form the backgrounds for each panel of the card. The folds will be on the bottom of the card.
6. Decorate each panel using tooling foil, buttons, wire, blue paint and markers.
7. Fold all 2"x4" rectangles in half lengthwise to act as hinges.
8. To assemble the card, attach the candles to the back side of the front of each panel so it's centered and three inches of the candlestick is visible.
9. Attach the hinge pieces to the sides of each panel so that only 1/8 inch shows past the centerfold. Panels should be attached together so the larger light blue panel is in the center, followed by alternating medium blue and light blue panels.
10. Glue panel fronts to panel backs, encasing the candlestick and the hinge
Kwanzaa CardFor a Kwanzaa card, shorten it to seven panels with the first three candles in red, then one in black, and the final three in green.
Advent CardTo make an Advent card, shorten it to four panels with the first three candles in purple and the fourth in red.