This two-page spread includes a pocket for including birthday party mementos, as well as a fold-out mini-album.
Materials and Tools:
Xyron machine and acid-free adhesive
2 - 12" x 12" background pages
3 coordinating patterned papers
8.5" x 11" translucent vellum
4' of 1/2" sheer ribbon
2 yards metallic braid
- Print "Birthday Treasures" on translucent vellum using computer printer or copy machine.
- Fold paper in half, then slit fold in 4" on each side.
- Measure in on bottom half, 4" from both sides to match slit, then mark, cut, and remove strips.
- Add adhesive (run through Xyron or add your own) to the folded, pocket, printed side up; the photo and matting; the die-cuts (run a few using double-sided adhesive).
- To the die-cuts on which double-sided adhesive has been applied, sprinkle one side with glitter and shake off excess.
- Mount the pocket, picture and die-cuts to background page.
- If following this example, and using balloon die-cuts, attach braid to backside of balloon. Leave strings loose, then spot attach with photo and pocket.
- Mat photo and center as header 1" from top edge (catch balloon strings under corners).
- Center pocket to bottom of page, 2" from edge (pull strings and attach under pocket).
Interactive Birthday Party Fold-Out
- From patterned papers, cut ten 4" photo mat squares, a 4-1/2" x 9" cover, a 5" square, 6 balloon die-cuts (or other die-cut motif).
- Crop 10 photos to fit within matting (about 3-1/2").
- Cut sheer ribbon to 18" and 30" lengths of sheer ribbon.
- To assemble the fold-out, fold cover in half to create a 4-1/2" square. Apply adhesive to fold cover, 5" mat, photos and six of the 4" mats. If using Xyron, remove clear mask.
- Assemble elements on background page. Add solid mat, centered 1/2" from top.
- Next, Center 30" ribbon horizontally, secure with the folded cover, and fold at top.
- Center the 18" fold-out ribbon vertically and secure with photo mat.
- Complete one square at a time, leaving 1/16" space between mats.
- Sandwich ribbon between mat with adhesive and the one without. Repeat technique until you have four double-sided squares held together with ribbon.
- Mount 10 photos (top and bottom of cover and both sides of the four fold-out squares).
- Mount photo to front of cover (choose photo carefully, as ribbon ties will cross).
- Fan fold photo squares into cover and tie ribbon to close.
- Add adhesive, then glitter to balloons or other die-cut shape, add braid strings to match first page, then mat and add photos to fill bottom of page and "hold down" balloon strings.