Designer Emily Tucker shares a technique for adding buttons to an adorable baby page.
Baby Scrapbook Page with Buttons and Fold-Out Button Mat
Materials and Tools:
pastel or baby-themed buttons
button shank remover
12" x 12" cream, pale blue, pink and white cardstocks
paper trimmer or craft knife
12" of 1/4" wide sheer pink ribbon
pink embroidery floss
mini glue dots
- Remove shanks from buttons as needed. For buttons with holes, thread either ribbon or floss through as shown. Secure floss on back of buttons with mini glue dots; set buttons aside.
- Cut a pink mat 3/4" larger than photo (for a 4" x 6" picture, cut mat 4-3/4" x 6-3/4"). Place photo in center of mat and lightly mark where the corners of the photo touch the mat. Remove photo, then cut a diagonal line on the mat from one corner mark to the opposite corner mark. Repeat diagonal cut on other corner marks (the two cuts should form an "X.")
- Place photo under mat. Carefully fold back each triangular-shaped flap of the mat to reveal photo. Adhere photo and mat to layout; attach buttons to mat as shown.
- Cut two pale blue rectangles (2-1/2" x 3 -1/2"); Adhere buttons, then attach blue blocks to layout.
- Print title journaling on white cardstock; cut into rectangle (4" x -1/4"). Adhere journaling block to pink mat (4-1/4" "x 3-1/2"). Attach button; adhere journaling to layout.