Nikki Larsen pours cement on top of a large leaf to imprint her unique bowl.
Materials and Tools:
large plastic tub or disposable roasting pan
fine grade quick setting cement
1. Fill a plastic tub or disposable roasting pan half full with sandbox sand.
2. Make a mound in the sand approximately the size of the leaf.
3. Place the leaf vein side up onto the mound.
4. Mix the cement according to manufacturer's directions and add fortifier.
5. Spoon the cement over the leaf covering it and smooth the cement with the back of a spoon. Let dry thoroughly.
6. Remove the leaf from the cement.
7. If portions of the leaf stick to the cement carefully use a toothpick to pick out the remaining leaf.
Cement Leaf Bowl project by Nikki Larsen from Ogden, Utah.