Personalized memories, photos and documents make up this charming scrapbook.
Guest Beth Cote shares this project for a charming memory book.
Materials and Tools:
one "unloved" child's small board book with hard covers and about 50 pages
Uhu glue stick
The Ultimate Glue by Crafter's Pick
1/4" SuperTape by Thermoweb
clothespins or bull clips
color copies of your photos, birth certificates, and letters
ephemera - More Ephemera! book
Cat Eye Pigment Ink by Color Box - Rousillian
Cat Eye Chalk Inks by Color Box - Warm Violet, Amber Clay, Chestnut Roan
Lumiere Paint in Sunset Gold, and Halo Violet Gold
6 sheets of card stock in sage green
6 sheets of card stock in khaki
6 sheets of 12" x 12" papers - This project used the following:
1 sheet of Lace from the Lavender and Lace Collection by Beth Cote for Tapestry by CR Gibson
1 sheet of Lavender Collage from the Lavender and Lace Collection by Beth Cote for Tapestry by CR Gibson
1 sheet of Pen Nibs from the Lavender and Lace Collection by Beth Cote for Tapestry by CR Gibson
1 sheet of Quilts from the Lavender and Lace Collection by Beth Cote for Tapestry by CR Gibson
1 sheet of Flowers and Script from the Lavender and Lace Collection by Beth Cote for Tapestry by CR Gibson
1 sheet of Keys from the Lavender and Lace Collection by Beth Cote for Tapestry by CR Gibson
1, 8" x 8" paper pad from the Lavender and Lace Collection by Beth Cote for Tapestry by CR Gibson
tags from the Lavender and Lace Collection by Beth Cote for Tapestry by CR Gibson
slide mounts from the Lavender and Lace Collection by Beth Cote for Tapestry by CR Gibson
vellum from the Lavender and Lace Collection by Beth Cote for Tapestry by CR Gibson
vellum tag from Making Memories
matte board or extra chipboard to cut into squares
2 jump rings from Making Memories
1/8" hole punch
1/16" hole punch
small bronze safety pin by Making Memories
piece of lace or muslin
1. Glue your pages together to create six even sections (not including book covers). When gluing pages together, be sure to just glue one quarter of the page nearest the edge of the page together. Clip each section together with a clothespin and let dry.
2. Optional step: Cover the front of the book and the six sections with dictionary pages (Figure A).
3. Divide the card stock into two sets by color. Cut the sage green set to the following dimension:
4. Cut the second set of card stock (khaki color) to the same height as the book. Subtract 4 inches from the width (Figure C). Cut all six pages to this size. (Same height x width minus 4 inches.)
5. Fold all your pieces of card stock to this size.
6. Punch three holes in book covers.
7. Trim 1/2 inch from one side of two pieces of green card stock and two pieces of khaki card stock. These will be pages one and six. They will be taped to the edge of the holes, so the holes show through on both covers (Figure D).
8. Edge all sets of card stock with 1/4-inch SuperTape.
9. Tape the green set of card stock to the edge of the book covers and edges of the pages of the book (Figures E and F). Be sure to use page one and six in such a way that the holes show.
10. Embellish the second set of card stock with photos tags, papers, etc., before taping them on top of the first set of card stock.
Pocket Page Embellishment
1. Cover the back of the khaki card stock page with pink writing paper. Rip a triangle from Nibs 8"x 8" paper and edge with chalk ink (Figure G). Match the triangle up with the card stock and fold so the middle fold is in the same area.
2. Use SuperTape on the ends of the triangle and next to the middle fold on both sides (Figure H). Brush sunset gold paint on edges and stipple across the page.
3. Tape the triangle to the khaki page on the lace side (Figure I).
4. Collage on small glassine envelope. Glue to pocket. Slip small tag inside (Figure J).
5. Rubber stamp a tag. Cut and glue a photo to the tag and journal about the person on another tag (Figure K). Add a quote to the other tag. Tie fibers to the lavender and lace tags. Slip in pockets.
Slide Mount Page Embellishment
1. Cover khaki cardstock page with lavender collage paper.
2. Fill small slide mount with photo. Trim and glue in place.
3. Push pin through lace and glue to slide mount with the Ultimate Glue. Use SuperTape to glue slide mount to vellum tag.
4. Cut two, 2-inch squares out of matte board. Cover them with "lace" paper. Glue photo on each square.
5. Punch a 1/16-inch hole on the bottom of one square and the top of the other. Connect with jump rings.
6. Glue squares and vellum tag and slide mount to card stock page with SuperTape (Figure L).
7. For extra shimmer dab on Halo violet paint around edges of page.
Bottle Cap Page Embellishment
1. Cover khaki card stock with 8"x 8" "diamond" paper.
2. Trim photo so it has a border.
3. Collage over tag with extra papers. Smash bottle cap with rubber mallet. Punch photo out with circle punch. Edge circle and tag with chestnut roam chalk ink. Glue bottle cap to tag with the Ultimate Glue.
4. Cover a 2" x 1/2" inch piece of matte board with Lavender Collage paper. Print out name of person on photo and glue in center of matte board rectangle.
5. Glue tag on left page with matte board underneath. Glue photo on right side with buttons on corners (Figure M).