Pam Garrison creates festive canvas-paper banners -- great for special occasions.
Materials and Tools:
sheet music from an old music book
ledger paper from antique book
1/4" velvet ribbon
German glass glitter
1. Cut triangle shapes out of canvas paper. Tear sheet music and ledger pages from old or antique books.
2. Machine-stitch sheet music to one side of the triangle (figure A) and ledger paper to the other side. Trim excess papers even with the canvas triangle.
3. Sew on fabric scraps to create a collage. Glue on small scraps of ribbon (figure B).
4. Outline a letter shape with tube glitter (figure C).
5. Dry with a heat gun.
6. Spread white glue inside the letter shape.
7. Sprinkle German glass glitter over the glue (figure D). Remove excess and let dry.
8. Embellish with trims, jewelry, photos and buttons (figure E).
9. Using a craft knife slit two holes in the top corners of the triangle for stringing the banner on a ribbon (figure F).
10. String the ribbon through the letter triangles.