Learn how to sculpt clay into an embellished heart and clay press bowl.
Project by Lindsey Bailey from Nashville, Tenn.
Materials and Tools:
metal mixing bowls
1. Line a metal mixing bowl with newspaper.
2. Press pieces of clay into a lined bowl.
3. Smooth the clay with a rubber rib and a damp sponge. (Be sure the sponge is not too wet.)
4. Shape a clay heart embellishment with your hands.
5. Fire to bisque — 04.
6. Paint desired pattern with under glaze on the inside and outside of bowl.
7. Dry (depending on weather) for up to a week.
8. Fire to set under glaze — 06.
9. Cover with clear glaze. The glaze will adhere the heart to the bowl. Place the heart embellishment into any chosen position.
10. Glaze fire — 06.