Kerry Umbanhowar of Phoenix makes a scrapbook layout showcasing several techniques.
Materials and Tools:
spray bottle of water
1. Trim card stock. Trim patterned paper to various sizes.
2. Ink edges of papers.
3. Use double-sided tape to layer patterned paper on card stock.
4. To create cardboard mat, tear one side of cardboard off to reveal the corrugated inside.
5. Attach picture to cardboard with adhesive. Attach to layout.
6. Add embellishments to complete the look.
7. Cut long strips of rickrack and ribbon, tying a knot in the ribbon. Staple edges to layout, use adhesive in center of ribbon to keep in place, add metal embellishments.
8. Use a woven label and letter stickers to create title and subtitle.
9. With foam brush, wash acrylic paint over letter stickers for a shabby look; wipe off excess with finger or paper towel.
10. To create tag: Spray tag with water and wipe off excess. While damp, crinkle tag, smooth out, and rub on distress ink. The water creates a cool mottled look. Leave to dry or use heat gun.
11. Ink edges. When dry, tie a ribbon on tag and use for journaling. Slip under picture.
12. Stamp names onto ledger paper.
13. Ink edges of layout to complete the look.