Sally Smith combines her sewing skills with photography for an unusual hand-sewn greeting card.
Project by Sally Smith from San Diego, Calif.
Materials and Tools:
1. Find a photograph or piece of art.
2. Measure light card stock (color of choice to compliment photo) to fit photo or art with enough border to stitch around.
3. Cut white paper same size as photo or art.
4. Fold card stock in half.
5. Fix photo or art piece in place with double-sided tape.
6. Pick desired stitch on sewing machine.
7. Sew photo or art onto card.
8. Fix white paper onto inside of card.
9. Sew white paper onto the inside of card for writing space.