Learn how to add decorative punch art to your scrapbook pages.
Projects demonstrated by Michele Gerbrandt.
"Jonah Flower" Page by Karen Hamlin
Materials and Tools:
12" x 12" sheet background card stock
scraps of same background card stock
12" x 12" coordinating plaid patterned paper
small daisy punch
orange colored pencil
1. To create the "sunflower" accent, punch two daisies from the scrap/extra card stock. Draw lines on daisy petals with a stylus to emboss. Follow the embossed lines with orange pencil to add color.
2. Layer and adhere daisies on top of each other and offset (so the petals of bottom flower show through open spaces between petals of top flower). Apply brown chalk with cotton swab to outer edges of flower petals. Adhere button to center of flower.
3. Tear off about one quarter of the lower part of a pre-made tag. To tear the tag, hold the tag in one hand (with the front side facing you and the hole to the left) and tear the tag toward you, leaving a rough edge. Chalk the torn edge and outside edges of the tag with brown chalk.
4. Add embroidery floss to tag and mount sunflower accent.
5. To complete the page, tear patterned paper (using same method as tag; front of pattern paper facing you) and layer onto background card stock. Add sunflower tags, photos, journaling and title.