Designer Jennifer Ferguson shows how to transform old drawers into under-bed storage containers.
Materials and Tools:
medium- to rough-grade sandpaper
1. If you want a larger container, you can attach two drawers together with wood glue and screws.
2. Sand off the old stain and smooth out any rough spots on the surface with a medium- to rough-grade sandpaper. You don't have to sand down to bare wood.
3. Prime the surface, then base coat the drawer with acrylic paint.
4. Create a design with a stencil. Be sure to use a dry brush when applying paint to avoid seepage under the stencil.
5. Dip the brush in paint then offload most of the paint on another surface before applying to the project. Apply a coat of varnish to seal the paint.
6. Add a decorative handle that complements the theme of the drawer. Screw four casters onto the bottom side so the drawer slides easily.