Create a cuddly quilt for the bundle of joy.
Fabric for one block:
one 6-1/2" block — this is the window
one light piece of fabric cut at 2-1/2" x 6-1/2"
one dark piece of fabric cut at 2-1/2" x 6-1/2"
one 2-7/8" square of light fabric
one 2-7/8" square of dark fabric
- Cut out all of the pieces described above.
- To make the corner, draw a line on the wrong side of the light square from one corner to the other.
- Place the light square and dark square right sides together and stitch 1/4" on both sides of the line you previously drew.
- Cut on the center line, press seam allowances toward the dark fabric and trim off any excess fabric.
- Sew the light rectangle to the bottom of the window block.
- Sew the corner square to the bottom of the dark rectangle, then sew the two units together.
- Continue the following steps to create more blocks.
- The sashing that goes in between the "windows" are as follows.
Short pieces need to be cut at 1-1/2" x 8-1/2".
Long pieces need to be cut at 1-1/2" x 26-1/2".
Sew these into place and add your inner and outer borders.