Stay ConnectedInformation is the lifeblood of any office, and this ultimate bathroom keeps it flowing.
- Everyone has time to stay up-to-date with a high-definition TV inside the mirror.
- Top execs have had phones in the bathroom for years, but what about e-mail and faxes? Today, wireless networking means you can access e-mails from anywhere in the house from a laptop or handheld device. For faxes, consider an all-in-one machine that also serves as a printer or even a scanner.
- An MP3 player makes it easy to crank up favorite tunes — like the Rocky theme before a major presentation, for instance. It's also handy for keeping up with your reading: Download the latest motivational books or best-sellers in your field, and soak up their wisdom while you take a shower or linger in the bath.
- The morning routine is the perfect time to go over the day's plan. Keep essential tasks on track with an erasable wall calendar that doubles as a catch-all for ideas and inspirations.
- Electricity and water don't mix. Make sure your ultimate bathroom uses technology that can stand up to steamy conditions, and always be careful when using electronic devices around water for your safety as well as theirs.
Executive PamperingBreakfast nook: It's hard to conquer the world without that first cup of coffee. Outfit part of the master bedroom/bathroom suite with a coffeemaker, small fridge and a few munchies, and you can breakfast while getting ready and planning the day without having to head to the kitchen for a refill.
Technology Meets StyleAutomatic shower controls: So what if you don't have a personal staff to handle details like the perfect shower temperature? An electronic shower controller remembers and re-creates the perfect shower every time. Combine the controller with a high-end, multispray shower to orchestrate the perfect shower programs for a bracing wakeup blast, a relaxing end-of-day soak and everything in between.
Fabulous Feng Shui: Believers say good feng shui helps attract prosperity and wealth. If you don't want to plunge into a complete feng shui makeover, try placing a black or red rug in front of the toilet to help you keep vital energy (chi) from escaping.