5 Reasons We Love Bungalows
1. Their all-American good looks have been going strong since the late 19th century, when the first ones popped up. History buffs: Their heyday was in the 1920s.
2. Hello, wide porches! It's like having a whole extra room. Most can fit an outdoor sofa, two chairs, a rug, even a coffee table.
3. They're small but they live large. Rooms are spacious, and the ceilings are high. It's a great starter home or family home.
4. They look cute in any color, from bright white to sage green. And there are so many details to paint — the columns, the trim work and the porch floor.
5. The charm factor is through the (gabled) roof!