Washable Crayon T-Shirts for Kids
Help kids create t-shirts they can color again and again after every washing.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Let kids show off their artistic skills and design their own t-shirts with this fun and easy project. Tips for success:
- All cotton fabrics will work, but the results are better with a 50/50 blend.
- When the shirt is ready to wash, launder using regular detergent and hot water. Launder separately and avoid using bleach.
Materials and Tools:
50/50 cotton or polyester blend T-shirt
black dimensional fabric paint
Crayola Washable crayons
coloring-book style line art drawing
1. Choose a coloring book-style line art drawing and lightly sketch it on the front of the T-shirt with a pencil.
2. Using black fabric paint, follow over pencil lines. Let dry.
3. When the black paint is completely dry, turn shirt inside out and iron.
4. Let the T-shirt cool and have kids color in the picture using Crayola Washable Crayons.
This stay-at-home mom makes one of her botanical floorcloths -- art you can walk on.
Learn how to put your own ‘designer label’ on a pillow.
Apply a layer of elegance to your laminate countertop with these step-by-step instructions.