Turn Vinyl Records Into a Unique Purse
Recycle two 45-rpm records into an inventive, kitschy purse.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
8. Machine-stitch the 6" x 15" pieces of body fabric and lining fabrics, right sides together, along the long sides, leaving the ends open. Turn the pieces right side out, tuck the ends to the inside and topstitch the ends.
9. Find the center bottom of the circle and attach it to the center of the 15-inch body piece. Pin and topstitch together.
10. Repeat with the other circle. This completes the shell of the purse with the pockets inside.
11. Fold each 45-inch strip of fabric for the handles into quarters lengthwise, tucking the raw edges of the fabric inside. Topstitch along the outer edges.
12. Thread 1 inch of one end of the handle through the rhinestone buckle and sew the handle to itself to hold the buckle. Thread the other end of the handle through the buckle again, fold the end of the handle over 1 inch and sew to itself. Do the same for the other handle.
13. Use a leather punch to make a hole in the bottom center of one circle of the shell. Make sure the hole goes through all layers of the circle and through the layers of the body material.
14. Using a crewel needle and the 1/8-inch ribbon, thread the ribbon through the hole in the fabric shell, through the bottom center hole in one record and back through the hole in the fabric shell.
Turning a dresser into a media console that looks just as sleek at the flat screen above it is easy. Just follow these...
Reinvent an old dining chair as a designer desk chair with paint, fabric and decorative furniture casters.
Every college dorm room needs a wipe-off board for messages from friends and to jot down to-do lists. Use a flea market frame...