Turn Vinyl Records Into a Unique Purse
Recycle two 45-rpm records into an inventive, kitschy purse.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Lining and Body Fabric
1. Cut the 60-inch body fabric into two pieces: 15" x 60" and 45" x 60".
2. Cut the 45-inch piece of body fabric into two 3" x 45" strips to make the handles.
3. Cut the 44-inch piece of lining fabric into two pieces: 6" x 15" and 7-1/2" x 44".
4. Fold the 7-1/2-inch piece of lining fabric into 6 pieces. Lay a record on top, trace the circumference and cut out the circles, leaving 1/4 inch around all sides for the seam allowance. Make 6 7-1/2-inch circles.
5. Place two circles on top of one another, right sides together, and fold the top circle in half.
6. Set a third circle on top, right sides together. Repeat with the other three circles. When sewn together, the folded circle will form the pocket on the inside of the purse.
7. Machine-stitch around the circumference of the first three circles, leaving a 1-inch opening at the bottom so you can turn the circles right side out. Repeat with other set of circles. Turn the circles right side out through the opening in the bottom. Hand stitch the openings closed.
Every college dorm room needs a wipe-off board for messages from friends and to jot down to-do lists. Use a flea market frame...