Star-Shaped Metal Magnet
Stamp and patina this playful metal magnet with a phrase of your choice.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Crafter Kelly Robinson demonstrates how to make one of her playful metal magnets.
- 2" x 2" nickel silver metal sheet
- silver wire with brass
- two-part epoxy
- jeweler's saw
- flexible shaft to drill holes
- steel block
- hammer with dapping punch
- cutting wax
- letter stamps
- permanent marker
- liver of sulfur
- abrasive pad
- metal file
1. Outline desired template onto the metal piece with a permanent marker.
2. Use a ruler to draw guidelines where the letter stamps will be placed.
3. Stamp the words into the metal using alphabet letter stamps and a hammer.
4. Use an automatic center punch to position dots for drilling holes and punch extra divots for design purposes.
5. Drill holes using two different size drill bits.
Hammer copper and brass into a unique piece of garden art with these steps.
Julia Andrus demonstrates this interesting technique to creating textured paste accents for your scrapbook pages.
Break out the tin snips and learn how to repurpose colorful old license plates into handy magnets for your fridge or message...