Star-Shaped Metal Magnet
Stamp and patina this playful metal magnet with a phrase of your choice.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Crafter Kelly Robinson demonstrates how to make one of her playful metal magnets.
- 2" x 2" nickel silver metal sheet
- silver wire with brass
- two-part epoxy
- jeweler's saw
- flexible shaft to drill holes
- steel block
- hammer with dapping punch
- cutting wax
- letter stamps
- permanent marker
- liver of sulfur
- abrasive pad
- metal file
1. Outline desired template onto the metal piece with a permanent marker.
2. Use a ruler to draw guidelines where the letter stamps will be placed.
3. Stamp the words into the metal using alphabet letter stamps and a hammer.
4. Use an automatic center punch to position dots for drilling holes and punch extra divots for design purposes.
5. Drill holes using two different size drill bits.
Make a delicate, reticulated silver necklace strung with three rows of stone beads.