'Something's Fishy' Jewelry Pendant
Make an exotic fish metal jewelry piece that can be worn as a necklace or a pin.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
5. Roll the 18-gauge wire through the rolling mill to flatten slightly before bending it into the fish shape with pliers.
6. Lick (yes, lick) the sterling sheet and the bottom edge of the fish-shaped wires and place together on the charcoal block.
7. Heat the sheet until the surface mirrors and fuse the wires to the sterling sheet (Image 1). Quench and pickle.
8. Trim the excess metal from the outside of the fish (Image 2). This will make the next steps of soldering and fusing easier because there will be less metal.
9. Make the bezel setting for the stone (fish eye) by wrapping the bezel wire around the stone, measuring where it meets and cutting it.
10. Fuse the setting closed and solder together with medium solder to a small piece of sterling sheet and trim, leaving a 1mm ledge around the bezel. File the edges and place it on the fish.