Sew a Playful Flower Brooch
Add some sunshine and style to a child’s outfit with this soft flower brooch.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Crafter Jenny Harada of New Jersey demonstrates how to make an adorable flower brooch embellished with turquoise beads.
- thin orange cotton sheet
- yellow or desired color felted sweater
- turquoise seed beads
- turquoise upholstery thread
- small piece of felt
- pin back
- polyester stuffing
- circle template
- black marker
1. Cut six small circles from the orange sheet fabric.
2. Fold one of the circles in half. Stitch a running stitch along the round edge of the folded circle (Image 1).
3. Repeat for the other five circles. All the circles will be lined up along the thread (Image 2).
4. Pull the thread tight, gathering the circles into petals. Tie a knot leaving a small space in the center of the petals.
5. Cut one circle from the felted (yellow or desired color) sweater to make the flower center.
6. Stitch around the entire edge of the circle and pull tight. Tie a knot.
Easily turn craft foam sheets into an oversized flower costume for your dog or cat. Attaching the foam flower to your pet's...