Pinecone Holiday Gift Wrap
Bring the outdoors in with this stylish (and free!) pinecone gift-wrap embellishment.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
pinecones in assorted sizes
hot glue or tacky glue
measuring tape and pencil
bark or fabric covered wire
1. Gather pinecones. Spread on a baking sheet and bake pinecones in a 200-degree oven for an hour to release the sap. This will cause pinecones to open more fully and lend a bit of shine.
2. Wrap package in fabric and secure ends with fabric glue.
3. Measure package top and sides to find center; make light pencil marks to use as a guide when adding pinecones.
4. Begin the embellishing by arranging and gluing the smaller pinecones in rows along your centerlines with hot glue or tacky glue. This step will create the package "ribbon."
5. Construct the "bow" by gluing the largest pinecones in a star pattern radiating from the cross point. Continue to stack and glue additional layers of pinecones to create the desired height and shape.
6. To add softness, weave or glue lengths of bark or fabric wire into the "bow." Twist and bend each piece to create the tendrils. For simpler package opening, use only the bow portion of this design.
The handmade experts at HGTV.com share an infinitely customizable recipe for chocolate brittle, perfect as a homemade Christmas...