No-Sew Lucky Ladybug Costume
Create this easy ladybug costume for your little one this Halloween.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Here's a cute and effortless way to help your little ladybug fly.
Materials and Tools:
child-size black sweatsuit
black pipe cleaners
pillow stuffing (or other lightweight packing material)
fabric glue or hot-glue gun and glue sticks
1. Cut a circle out of the black felt that fits comfortably on the back of the child's sweatsuit. Cut a second circle out of red felt that is approximately 3 inches wider than the smaller black circle on all sides.
2. Put the red felt circle on top of the black felt circle. Join the edges of the two circles together with fabric or hot glue, gathering the excess together as you go. Leave an opening large enough to fill felt circles with pillow stuffing, crumpled newspapers, tissue paper or packing peanuts (any material that will fill the pillow without adding weight). After it's filled, seal the opening with glue.
3. Center the stuffed pillow on the back of the black sweatshirt and attach all around with safety pins.
4. Cut large circles (about 2 to 3 inches in diameter) out of the black felt and glue them randomly on the red felt pillow.
5. To create ladybug's antennae: Glue red pompons onto the ends of black pipe cleaners then attach pipe cleaners to a black headband.
A handmade tulle tutu, basic red sweatshirt and felt are all you need to craft this cute ladybug costume complete with a...
Inspired by hand-painted Nordic designs, this colorful Christmas tree skirt is a no-sew project that's made by layering felt...
Turn small bits of fabric into fashion-forward Christmas tree ornaments or gift toppers in just a few steps — no sewing...