Mosaic Glass Luminaries
Update your indoor and outdoor lighting with these simple (and gorgeous!) mosaic-tiled luminaries.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
clear Ikea (Grono) table lights with lightbulb attachment or any clear glass cylinder or vase
irridescent glass mosaic tile
clear silicone adhesive or similiarly tacky glue
light abrasive sponge
tea lights or candles (if using a vase without electrical attachment)
1. If tile has a mesh backing, soak in warm water to remove backing so you start with individual glass tiles.
2. Starting on one side of the light, spread silicone adhesive or clear tacky glue over surface and while glue is still tacky, attach glass tiles. Place tiles close together to eliminate the need for grout.
3. Cover all sides of vase or cylinder with tiles, using tile nips to make any necessary cuts.
4. Allow a few hours for glue to cure. Once all sides are dry, remove any excess glue with a light abrasive sponge.
5. If cylinder doesn't have a lightbulb attachment, add tea lights or candles for illumination.
Attach stained glass pieces to adhesive paper placed over a photo to create a mosaic glass portrait.