Mosaic and Foam Memory Quilt
Not a quilter? No problem! This memory quilt uses a foam base and mosaic tiles to create a quilt that's sewing free.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
10. Add latex additive and water and mix into a thick paste (Image 1).
11. Wearing latex or rubber gloves, cover the entire piece of foam with the mixture, about 1/4 inch thick. Smooth the cement with your hands. Let it dry for about one hour. Smooth out any imperfections with a damp sponge and make the surface as smooth as possible.
12. Let the cement dry and cure for three to four days (Image 2).
13. Draw the guidelines for the tile placement on the cement using a permanent marker. Mark the colors you want to place in each section.
14. Spread thinset mortar on a section of the cement with a trowel or putty knife. Place the tiles and pieces of broken china in the adhesive. Work in sections until the entire memory quilt is covered with the mosaics. Let it sit overnight.
Create colorful, tabletop fruits and vegetables – that never spoil – from twisted paper yarn.