Modern Snowflake Window Dressing
Cover inexpensive foam balls with white clay to create an indoor snowstorm. It's simple to make and creates a beautiful wintry impact in any room.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
5. Place balls on baking sheets and allow to dry overnight.
6. Arrange the balls on a flat surface in rows in a pattern that suits you. Be sure to line them up randomly and vary the sizes in each row.
7. Begin stringing the balls onto fishing line by inserting the upholstery needle with fishing line attached into the center of one the foam balls (Image 1). Next add a straw and continue alternating until you reach the length of the window (Image 2).
8. On the next string begin with a snowball, but cut the first straw in half and retain the other half for the top of the string. This will allow the balls to hang at alternating levels from one string to the next. Continue alternating the beginning straw from whole to half as you complete the remaining strings.
9. When you have completed all the strings, tie them to a tension rod that you have installed in the window. Hang the first string about 2 inches in from the window. Every strand after that should hang about 4 inches apart.
The holiday experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for homemade coffee-flavored caramel corn, perfect for Christmas entertaining or...
The holiday experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for hazelnut hot cocoa that's perfect for turning into pre-packaged Christmas...
Add some modern flair to your holiday packages with handmade embellishments like unique jewelry and printable ornaments.