Making Oversized Ornaments
Here’s how to create larger-than-life holiday ornaments for display.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Design coordinator Summer Baltzer shares how to create larger-than-life holiday ornaments for display.
Materials and Tools:
1. Take large foam shapes and carve into interesting shapes or glue shapes together to create the oversized ornament shape.
2. Dip the plaster ribbons into water, dampening entire strip and smooth out over top of foam shape. Continue to layer plaster ribbons until the shape is completely covered.
3. Allow to dry for one to two days (must be completely dry to prevent mold from forming).
4. Plan your design and paint ornaments using acrylic paint.
5. Seal the paint with polyurethane to give it a slightly glossy finish and protect it from chipping.
Cover inexpensive foam balls with yarn to create a trendy, rustic Christmas ornament.
Easily create iridescent pine cone ornaments to decorate a Christmas tree or to add a festive touch to wrapped gifts.
Turn small bits of fabric into fashion-forward Christmas tree ornaments or gift toppers in just a few steps — no sewing...