Make a Sterling Silver Riveted Necklace
Channel your inner metal worker to create this conversation-starting jewelry piece.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
7. Punch out six 3/8-inch discs from 26-gauge silver using a small chasing hammer and a disc cutter.
8. Once the discs are cut, sand both sides using 320-grit first and then 400-grit.
9. Using a circle template, mark the centers of the six discs. Center punch and drill.
10. Cut a 6-inch piece of 18-gauge silver wire to use for rivets.
11. Take the top bar and thread the 18-gauge wire through one hole, then through one of the discs.
12. Using a rivet hammer, hammer the tiny piece of wire on one side gently and flip the piece over and hammer the other end. Continue to flip and hammer until the rivet is flattened on both sides fairly evenly and the disc is secure. Repeat for all six discs.
13. To make the dangles, cut 14 pieces of 18-gauge wire 1-1/2 inches in length. Curl each end with round-nose pliers in opposite directions to create an "S" shape.
Make a three-ring metal necklace topped with a turquoise hanging pendant.
Make an elegant, daisy flower necklace pendant using sterling silver and semiprecious gems.
Make a beautiful necklace pendant from sterling silver by cutting out your own design with a jeweler's saw.