Make a Prosperity Coin Bracelet
Use copper wire to create a beaded bracelet featuring three craft coins.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Jewelry artist Susan Tinkler O'Neal of Dallas, Texas, demonstrates how to assemble a prosperity bracelet with three craft coins.
Materials and Tools:
16-gauge copper wire
1/16 drill bit
1. Mark two holes per coin 1/8 inch from the left and right edge on three craft coins. Use a punch to start the holes.
2. Drill holes in the coins using a 1/16 drill bit. Clean the rough edges of the drilled holes with a needle file.
3. Cut a 3-1/2-inch section of copper wire and form a loop at one end using the round-nose pliers. Wrap the wire around twice at the base of the loop. Trim the excess wire next to the loop.
4. Thread a bead onto the wire next to the loop. Form a loop on the other side of the bead with round-nose pliers.
5. Hook the end of the wire through a hole in one of the coins. Wrap the end of the wire around twice next to the bead and trim the excess.
6. Form a loop using a 3-inch length of wire. Slip it into the hole on the opposite side of the coin and wrap the end around the wire twice. Trim the extra wire.
7. Place a bead on the open end of the wire. Slip the wire through a hole in the second coin. Form a loop and wrap it two times close to the bead. Trim the remaining wire.
8. Cut another 3-inch length of wire, slip it through the hole on the opposite side of the second coin and wrap it twice close to the coin. Trim the end.
9. Place a bead on the open end, slip the wire through a hole in the third coin and form a loop, wrapping the wire twice close to the bead. Trim the remaining wire.
10. Cut a 6-inch length of wire, slip it through the hole on the opposite side of the second coin and wrap it twice close to the coin. Trim the end.
11. Add a bead.
12. Create a clasp by folding back the open end of the wire 2 1/2 inches. Place the pliers 3/4 inch from the end of the 2-1/2-inch piece and bend it at a 90-degree angle. Wrap the 3/4-inch piece of wire snugly around the base two times close to the bead.
13. Create a hook by bending the 1-3/4-inch wire with round-nose pliers. Make sure the hook fits into the loop created on the opposite end of the bracelet.
Stamp and style precious metal clay ovals to create this delicate bracelet.