Make a Glass Cupcake Ring
You can have your dessert and wear it too with this delicate, cupcake-topped sterling silver ring.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
10. Slowly heat the tip of a brown glass rod while continually rotating and heating the cupcake base.
11. Once the brown glass has a molten blob at the end, attach it to the top of the cupcake base and pull away. This is the cupcake top.
12. Shape the brown glass into the cupcake top with the graphite paddle.
13. Slowly heat the tip of a pink rod of glass, while still heating and rotating the cupcake.
14. Attach a large blob of pink glass to the top of the cupcake and pull away to create the frosting.
15. Spot heat the edges of the frosting and, using the tungsten rod, pull little scallops of frosting around the edge of the cupcake top.
16. Heat the top of the frosting and, using the steel tweezers, pinch and twist the surface to create a swirling texture.
Fire up a blue glass plate perfect for serving sushi or other appetizers using the glass slumping technique.