Make a Fun Zipper Fruit Bowl
Put utilitarian zippers to a new, creative use by gluing them around wooden forms such as a bowl and fruit.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
6. Add grapes back onto the wood vine by squeezing white glue in the holes and securing the dowels (with grapes attached) to the vine. Repeat this process until all grapes are attached.
7. Glue a paper leaf to wire and insert the wire into the last hole on the vine. Repeat this procedure for the second leaf. Let dry.
8. Insert the wire into the remaining hole. Twist the wire to a desired shape by twisting the wire around a dowel. Cut off the end.
9. Repeat this process for the second leaf. The grapes are finished.
1. Cut away the cloth from all remaining zippers. Cut and remove the metal jacket pulls and the zipper ends except one. Leave one metal jacket pull on a jacket zipper after removing the cloth and extra threads. Set this zipper aside.
2. Add white glue to the rim of the wooden bowl. Place a white zipper to glued rim with teeth facing the outside of the bowl. Cut off the end when the zipper gets around the bowl. Press the end down. Let dry.
3. Add white glue next to the zipper teeth facing inside the bowl. Place white zipper teeth next to the rim zipper with the trimmed sides face-to-face. Add the zipper all around the bowl and cut off the end. Add two more rows of zippers for a total of four rows.
Wrap colorful fabric strips around rope and coil them into this playful bowl.