Make a 2-Tiered Cake Plate Caddy
Create a vintage-style tiered serving caddy, ideal for perching small appetizers or cupcakes on top.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
14. Mix glazes according to manufacturer's directions. Strain the glaze powder with a sieve to prevent lumps.
15. Wax the bases of the plates so the glaze does not adhere to the plate bottom. Apply the desired color of glaze to the back of each plate and paint the glaze around the rim. Let dry.
16. Paint the inside of the plate with a transparent glaze.
17. Let plates dry overnight. Put the pieces in the kiln to fire at 1200 degrees C.
18. Cut out the ceramic transfer decals and place them in a bowl of clean water. Slide the transfers/decals onto the plate and adjust the placement of the decals on the plates.
19. Rub the transfers with a very soft rubber rib to ensure there are no air bubbles trapped between the plate and the transfers. Rub them again with a soft cloth.
20. Re-fire the cake plates in the kiln at about 800 degrees C. Let cool.
21. Remove the plates from the kiln and assemble the two-tiered clay cake plate caddy with the metal cake plate holder hardware.
Bundle up baby with these step-by-step instructions for making a blanket.