Make a 2-Tiered Cake Plate Caddy
Create a vintage-style tiered serving caddy, ideal for perching small appetizers or cupcakes on top.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
6. Remove the top sheet.
7. Compress the clay into the shape of the mold with a rubber rib. Trim off surplus clay using a needle tool.
8. Cover the clay with sheeting and the metal mold with a piece of plastic and let dry overnight to the leather hard stage. If the clay dries too quickly, it can warp or crack.
9. Repeat steps 5-8 for the second plate.
10. Remove the plastic, sheeting and molds from the plates. Place the mold back on the plate and make a hole in center of the plate so the center post hardware can fit through. Use an awl or screwdriver to make the appropriate sized hole. Check the hole for size.
11. Smooth the edges of each plate with a sanding block.
12. Set the plates aside and let them dry to the bone dry stage.
13. Put the plates into the kiln and fire to about 850 degrees C.
Create a one-of-a-kind, organic centerpiece for an indoor or outdoor dining table using a thick branch and a variety of...
Fire up a blue glass plate perfect for serving sushi or other appetizers using the glass slumping technique.
Bring a whimsical touch to your holiday tablescape with a lush snowman made from white carnations and playful embellishments.