How to Weave a Cylinder Lamp
Weave quilling paper around a self-adhesive shade to create a one-of-a-kind lamp that fits in any room.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
pre-made cylinder lamp with a modified base and self-adhesive shade
small sharp scissors
quilling paper in a variety of colors
1. Dismantle the pre-made cylinder lamp. The shade will be woven, and later the lamp components will be reassembled.
2. Determine a pattern and a color palette for the lamp.
4. Piece by piece, weave the strips of quilling paper vertically around the cylinder to create the pattern. When done, tuck the strips back on themselves.
5. Trim the excess horizontal strips.
6. Glue the excess strips on the top and bottom of the cylinder with clear glue.
7. Trim off the excess strips.
8. Rewire the lamp.
9. Spray the shade with lacquer and let it dry. Then spray with heat-retardant spray and let it dry.
Make a funky hurricane lamp with leopard print tissue paper, beaded trim and a boa.