How to Transfer a Photo Onto Canvas
Turn photos into painted works of art using an ink jet printer and gel medium.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
image printed on ink jet printer
acrylic paint, gold
rubber stamps (border design, flowers)
Moshi blue Korean fabric paper
blue and brown wash
1. Stamp a border design measuring 2" x 12" on the blue paper.
2. Print your image on an ink jet printer. Let dry. Iron to make sure the ink is set.
3. Coat the transfer image with gel medium. Wait until the gel medium dries completely; wet the back and remove the extra paper from places you wish to be transparent. The paper you keep will result in an opaque spot. Let dry.
4. Glue the transfer to the canvas using the gel medium. Let dry.
5. Paint a blue and brown wash around the perimeter of the canvas. Rub off extra paint. Let dry.
6. Glue stamped designs and layers of rice paper on the canvas. Let dry.
7. Stamp little flowers in the background. Let dry.
8. Use a dry brush technique (load a relatively dry brush with paint) to brush the canvas with light gold paint, picking up the canvas' texture.
Turn your favorite images into framed pieces of art with these simple steps.