How to Sew Stuffed Animal Food Critters
Make three soft toys cute enough to eat: a tomato, broccoli and ham.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
scraps of green and black felt
paper for pattern
1. Cut out six identical football-shaped pieces of red felt, 8" high at the pointy ends and 4" wide at the rounded sides.
2. Sew the six pieces together along the rounded edges. When you sew the first piece to the sixth piece to complete the circle, only sew about halfway up the edge to leave an opening.
3. Turn right side out through that opening and stuff evenly throughout the ball.
4. Sew up the opening using the ladder stitch, which is invisible.
5. To make the green top and bottom, cut out two circles in green felt (one can be slightly larger than the other). Cut triangular notches around each circle to form a jagged leaf-like edge. Glue the larger circle to the top of the tomato and the smaller circle to the bottom of the tomato.
6. Cut eyes, a mouth and a nose out of black felt. These can be any size and shape that you want. Glue to tomato.