How to Sew a Quilted Stuffed Sheep
Make this soft, whimsical sheep with these simple steps.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
Bali cotton fabric
sewing machine and thread
tracing wheel and paper
needle and thread
iron and ironing board
1. Trace and cut out all pattern pieces from Bali fabric and muslin for the backing.
3. Layer small swatches of thin quilt batting where needed, and stitch all pattern pieces to all muslin backs.
4. Sew sheep body pieces together.
5. Wash the sheep's finished body in hot water and dry it in a hot dryer to create a shriveled texture.
6. Mark the placement of eyes and attach safety eyes.
8. Make 12 ring-shaped ruffles that are the circumference of the sheep body.
9. Slip the 12 ring-shaped ruffles on in order (the smallest near face, the largest at belly).
10. Hand-sew the ruffles to the body. Note: The sheep will look complete with the rings just slipped on. Sewing secures the ruffles.
Bring one-of-a-kind charm to your mantel this holiday season with quick and easy, DIY stockings.
Add a festive holiday touch to your decor with this custom-made poinsettia pillow. Felt is layered to create a 3-D effect on...