How to Sew a Quick Purse From Fabric Scraps
Transform scrap material into a quick and easy pattern-less fabric purse.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
metal clip finding (at fabric stores)
fabric for lining and outside of purse (1/2" longer than zipper length)
1. Cut four pieces of liner and exterior fabric in a rectangle shape, 1/2 inch wider than zipper and as deep as you like. All four pieces of fabric need to be the same size.
2. Sew two pieces together along the length (the side 1/2 inch longer than the zipper), inside out.
3. Attach zipper (no zipper foot necessary). Sew along side of zipper for respective pieces of fabric.
4. Make fabric loop for metal clip: Take a scrap of thin material, fold it over three times, and sew down the length four times. Thread clip onto fabric strip.
5. Turn bag inside out (keeping zipper half open), set loop of fabric and clip onto side of bag. Sew across loop pieces. Continue sewing down side of bag, across the bottom and up the other side of the bag, incorporating the purse's lining.
6. Turn bag right side out through the zipper (left half open).
Carve a linoleum block to decorate your fabric for this floral purse.
Delight the children in your life with these adorable glove purses made out of mittens. This is the perfect project for that...
Designer Casey Noble dresses up a holiday table with a homemade monogrammed table runner made with simple sewing supplies and...