How to Preserve Baby Footprints in Glass
Cut a stencil and transfer your baby's footprints to float glass.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
nontoxic black ink pad
sheet of white paper
black permanent marker
2 pieces of clear float glass
scrap piece of glass
powder enamel screen
1. Press the baby's foot on the ink pad.
2. Place the baby's foot on to a sheet of white paper to make an imprint.
4. Place the stencil material on a scrap piece of glass. Using the stencil cutter, cut the template by burning through the stencil material.
5. Peel away the excess pieces of stencil material, leaving the cutout footprints.
6. Place the template on the float glass.
8. Carefully remove the template.
10. Place the ring of copper wire on the top center of the float glass.
12. Fire the piece and let it cool.
Fuse and slump glass in a kiln to create this unique glass platter filled with quirky glass shapes.
Go big and bold with this chunky ceramic necklace project featuring a dangling glass bead.
Arrange your own mosaic tile pattern and top it off with concrete for a colorful glass mosaic tile.