How to Paint Decorative Tile
Use tile as a canvas for painting any design you desire.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
6-by-4-inch plaster mold
glazes of various colors
black wax pen
1. Press a slab of stoneware clay into a 6-by-4-inch blank mold. Cut off excess clay with cut-off wire.
2. Allow clay to set for about an hour. Remove the tile from the mold.
3. After the tile has dried, bisque-fire it to cone 06 in a kiln.
5. Trace over the pencil lines with black wax.
7. Fire the tile to cone 6 in a kiln.
Carve your own design into a clay tile and color glaze it with these simple steps.