How to Paint a Bear Stocking
Dress up your holiday stocking with a teddy bear.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
A little paint will bring out a cute bear in this hanging holiday decoration.
drawing, clipart, etc.
acrylic paint: yellow, burnt sienna, warm white, black
small bow or ribbon to make one
toys, candies, etc.
1. Place some scrap cardboard inside the stocking so the paint doesn't bleed through to the back.
2. Draw or trace a design using graphite paper and a pencil.
3. Paint the design using textile medium.
4. Use a dauber to paint an undercoat.
5. Use a clean dauber to shade in recessed areas with some burnt sienna paint and highlight forward areas with warm white.
6. Use a liner brush with thin black paint to draw on details like eyes, nose and mouth.
7. Highlight eyes and nose with a dot of white.
8. Add a hair bow for a girl or a bowtie for a boy bear.
9. Trim the top with your favorite holiday trim or ribbon and fill the stocking with goodies.
Bring one-of-a-kind charm to your mantel this holiday season with quick and easy, DIY stockings.
Paint a decorative glass tabletop inspired by the symmetrical, geometric patterns seen through a kaleidoscope.
HGTV Magazine shows you how to put your stamp on basic items with these easy makeover ideas.